MICROFD Small Research Freeze Dryer
- Shelf temperature range (-70C to +65C)
- Condenser Temperature -75C
The MicroFD with LyoSim and LyoPAT does more than larger lab freeze dryers do but with fewer vials. Provides all critical process parameters AND provides heat flux measurement utilizing AccuFlux. Fewer vials (ie 19 vials if using a 10cc serum vial) means significant time savings in set-up and downtime.
The Millrock MicroFD with LyoSim comes standard equipped with LyoPAT.
LyoPAT is a dynamic, closed loop process control of Freezing,
Primary Drying and Secondary Drying.
LyoPAT is a combination of methods including controlled
nucleation and heat flow control that produces an ice crystal
structure that is more favorable to sublimation and controls
the product temperature during primary drying.
LyoPAT controls allow you, the end user, to select the various methods available for both freezing & primary drying.
- Product Temperature – Control by either Thermocouple or AccuFlux (Heat Flow)
- Nucleation – Controlled Nucleation or no induced nucleation
- Freezing – Controlled by a recipe or AccuFlux (Heat flow)
- Drying – Controlled by a recipe or AccuFlux (Heat flow)
MICROFD WITH LYOSIM AND LYOPAT HIGHLIGHTS
- Ultimate control with LyoSim ring and AccuFlux
- Controlled nucleation with FreezeBooster
- Optimization of Primary Drying with AutoDry
- PC/PLC with ethernet and remote Internet connectivity
- Manual and automatic operating modes
- Graphic and numeric data collection
- 6” Diameter Shelf
- Fluid filled Stoppering/radiant plate
- Electric stoppering
- 316L on all wetted parts
- External with Isolation valve
- Exposed coil condenser for maximum efficiency
- Hot gas defrost
- 1L total capacity
- Cascade refrigeration system
- CFC-Free, non-proprietary refrigerants
- Pirani vacuum sensor standard
- Capacitance Manometer sensor standard
- Advanced Proportional Vacuum control standard
- Gas backfill standard
- 65LPM corrosion resistant vacuum pump with easy access
- Temperature controlled walls in product chamber
- Built-in Controlled Nucleation (FreezeBooster)
- Sanitary style fittings on all sensor and vacuum ports
- Built-in validation port – sanitary fitting
R&D Freeze Dryer/Lyophilizer
|Download our brochure for The MicroFD Series|
WHAT DOES LYOPAT DO?
Take the guess work out of your freeze drying process!
LyoPAT enables you to continuously monitor your entire
freeze drying process:
- % of Ice Formed During Nucleation
- Crystal growth rate
- 80-95% of the freezing process
- End of Freezing
- Mass Flow
- Product Temperature (without a thermocouple)
- End of Primary Drying
LyoPAT is the only Process Analytical Technology that can
determine the critical process parameters in any freeze
dryer for your specific application. Protocol transfer is
If process improvement is your goal….LyoPAT enables you
to monitor and control the freezing and drying processes
to determine the effect of different protocols on product
temperature and primary drying times.
- Compare your current freezing and
drying protocols to new ones.
- Test the effect of controlling crystal
growth during freezing.
- Test the effect of controlled nucleation.
- Test the effect of changing
shelf temperatures and vacuum
levels during primary drying on
your product temperature and mass
Note: Specifications subject to change without notice. All specifications based on 20C ambient on 60Hz.